Langdon Farms Golf Club is 15 miles south of downtown Portland, just off I-5. Our pastoral theme and championship golf course creatively blends with the beautiful Willametter Valley countryside. We opened to rave reviews in 1995 and immediately became a favorite in the area. Over the years, the local, regional and even national golf writers have consistently recognized us as a truly unique golf experience. Our golf facility is open, as displayed at the entrance, to the “PUBLIC ONLY” and specializes in hosting tournaments, outings and special events.
Langdon Farms plays across land that was a working farm throughout most of the 1900's. It was owned by the James Edgar Langdon's family since 1931, and produced flax, wheat, alfalfa, and potatoes. The original barn, which is "in play" on the golf course was built in 1908, and contributes to the difficulty of the par-4 eigth hole. Golfers experience what are arguably the finest playing conditions in the region, all while enjoying beautifully landscaped flowers and breathtaking views of Mt. Hood.
Noted architechs Bob Cupp and John Fought designed Langdon as a links-style layout. Dynamic mounding, bunkering, and water features enhance the design, challenge and ambiace that surround the entire site. With four sets of tees, Langdon Farms gives golfers of all skill levels a sense of challenge and an opportunity for success.
Before and after your round, you can enjoy the state-of-the-art practice area, which features 28 covered and lighted stalls and one of the largest grass practice tees in the area. If your game needs assistance, indivudual or group lessons are available from our PGA Professionals. And for those looking to refine their putting stroke, Langdon Farms maintains two practice greens.
Langdon Farms Golf Club is the ideal setting for special events. Specializing in weddings, receptions, corporate meetings, anniversary parties, birthday parties and the like, our unique event venue is at the top of the list. Following through on the “farm theme”, buildings like the Big Red Barn Clubhouse, the White House and the Red Shed make for the perfect place to entertain.
Rounding out an already spectacular location in the Portland, Oregon metro area is Langdon’s Grill. Langdon’s Grill, a full service restaurant and bar, offering a number of classic favorites along with new entrees. With seasonal menu changes, our meals stay new and exciting. Breakfast (seasonally), Lunch, and Dinner are served along with daily sandwich, pasta, and fish specials. We feature fantastic Happy Hour specials from 3PM to 6PM Monday thru Saturday and all day on Sunday. Come dine with us at the farm!
Langdon Farms Golf Club is locally owned by Tom and Chris Maletis and is professionally managed by OB Sports Golf Management.
We've received a "barn-load" of awards and accolades over the years. Here's some of the more notable:
- Recognized by Golf World Magazine as a "WHERE WE PLAY" course in the May 21, 2012 issue
- Ranked as the “#1 best course to hold a golf tournament or corporate event in Oregon”
Portland Business Journal, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010
- Ranked as the “#1 best public course”
Portland Business Journal, 2010
- Top 10 Best Courses You Can Play In Oregon, Golfweek Magazine, Best Courses State-by-State, 2010
- Rated Four out of Five stars by Golf Digest’s Best Places To Play for 2009
- Ranked #7, Top 10 "Best Courses You Can Play" in Oregon, Golfweek State by State, 2009
- Ranked as the highest rated Public Course in Oregon, Portland Business Journal, 2009
- Ranked as the“#2 public golf course in Oregon” (only behind Bandon Dunes)
Portland Business Journal, , 2005, 2006 & 2007
- Ranked in the Top 10 Most Challenging Courses, Portland Business Journal, 2009
- The "Big Red Barn" Clubhouse, was ranked #1 "Best New Clubhouses" by Golf Inc Magazine, 1996
- Former host site of the American Junior Golf Association
- Host of the Safeway Classic Amateur Open. CLICK HERE for details